I really do.
Most of my life I’ve dreaded Mondays. Even when I’m on vacation. Monday was a wall. A start I didn’t want to make. A new set of worries and anxieties.
Today was different. I can’t really pinpoint a single why. I’ve been actively working on living a happier, healthier, more balanced life and it’s likely a combination of all of those little things I’ve been doing.
- As of the first of the year I’ve quit drinking and smoking and generally letting bad, anxiety driven feelings drive my habits.
- I’ve started going to bed and waking up around the same time every day – even on weekends.
- I’m making healthier food choices on most days. Some days. Well, more days than I used to. I’m faithfully logging what I eat to understand what I’m eating – the sugar, the fats, the carbs.
- I’m getting out of bed and moving. Some days it’s just stretching. Others it’s yoga. On others it’s cardio. But it’s more often than not.
- I’m trying new things to expand my creativity – at home, at work – in life. Weaving, drawing, writing. It doesn’t matter if I’m GOOD at it as long as I’m expressing something.
- I’ve started a new commitment to volunteering. I’ve joined a group to teach basic technology skills to people who need them.
- I’m seeing a therapist and working on myself.
I took my usual yoga class on Friday. The teacher was a sub (but a co owner so I’ll see him again) It was a different class – the focus was different. The flow was different. It changed something and a little of everything. I connected with yoga in a way I never had. I left with my head full of new ideas and colors and music. I slept like a rock. I took a class with him yesterday. And it was the same experience.
It’s all coming together now. I hope it’s a long term thing and not a short term one. I want it. That in itself is new.
This is today’s inspiration: